Preventive Action January 2022
(JANUARY - 2022)
III. Preventive Action
Advisories are issued by the Commission from time to time to alert the organizations about the vulnerabilities in the organizations, policies, systems and procedures which pose a risk of corruption.
1. Commission vide its Office Memorandum No.005/CVO/45 dated 05.01.2022 had issued guidelines regarding forwarding panel of officers to the Commission for appointment of part-time Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) in Ministries/Departments/Autonomous Institutions to all Secretaries/Chief Secretaries/Chief Executives/Heads/CEOs and CVOs of all Ministries/Departments/Union Territories of GoI / CPSUs / PSBs / PSICs / Autonomous Bodies etc.
2. Commission vide its Office Order No.02/01/22 dated 06.01.2022 had issued guidelines regarding Advisory Board for Banking and Financial Frauds (ABBFF) - Extension of scope to Chairman & Members of Advisory Board for Banking Frauds / Director, CBI / Governer/Dy. Governer, RBI / Secretary, DoPT/D/o Financial Services / All Chief Executives/CVOs of PSBs / PSICs / PSFIs etc.
3. Commission vide its Circular No.01/01/22 dated 12.01.2022 had issued guidelines regarding timely completion of departmental inquiries to all Secretaries/Chief Executives and CVOs of all Ministries/Departments of GoI / CPSUs / PSBs / PSICs / Autonomous Bodies etc.
4. Commission vide its Circular No.03/01/22 dated 12.01.2022 had issued guidelines regarding obtaining documents from CBI for the purpose of departmental inquiry proceedings to all Secretaries/Chief Executives and CVOs of all Ministries/Departments of GoI / CPSUs / PSBs / PSICs / Autonomous Bodies etc.
5. Commission vide its Circular No.04/01/22 dated 21.01.2022 had issued guidelines regarding procedure for seeking Commission advice in cases where CBI has recommended sanction for prosecution to all Chief Executives and CVOs of PSBs / PSICs / PSFIs etc.